Sunday, March 7, 2010

Too much Nine

This week, I can barely put there sentences together before my brain gets distracted by something new and shiny. It’s weird because everything comes like a retarded haiku. I blame the humidity.

* * *

I’ve given up on DMZ and it only took four years. All of the characters are such fucking jerks, I don’t give a damn what happens to them. Especially Matty.

* * *

On the other hand, I’ve fallen hard for the current Jonah Hex comic. Bought the first dozen issues real cheap last week and thought they were right purty enough to buy more. Haven’t felt like this with a comic since Criminal.

* * *

The best issue of 2000ad to come out all year comes out this week, even if it’s taken 10 weeks to get here. It’s the annual 100-page Christmas issue, full of all the best strips and the start of a new year. Way better than the hardback annuals they used to do.

* * *

Got the first four issues of Die Hard: Year One, because I still get drunk and watch that first movie and think it's the besht movie ever. Enjoyed it more than I though I would until it all got a bit confusing towards the end. I blame the Chaykin.

* * *

I got a genuine emotional kick from the understated conclusion of Garth Ennis’ latest Battlefields. Happy Valley’s story performed a few corkscrew maneuvers of its own. Who’d fly a Wimpy?

* * *

Finally got to read Beto’s Birdland. Never seen it anywhere until I borrowed it off a mate I met through this blog. Just as creamy as I’d feared, with a wonderful kick in the butt at the end.

* * *

Peter Bagge has developed into an exceptional editorial cartoonist, especially when he gets all fired up. Everybody Is Stupid Except For Me is a fantastic series of rants and disbelief. Best read sitting in an airport lounge, waiting for a plane that’s been delayed.

* * *

Last week I found out a bunch of comics I’d been storing far away had been destroyed by water. They were worthless old Australian black and white horror and superhero reprint comics, some of which I’d had since I was eight. I’m still gutted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a blog. Your name is Avatar. Visit my blog.Talk for my.